Meet Our Team
Nouman Khaliq is working as a Clinical Research Assistant at RMI Clinical Trials Unit. He graduated from Bahauddin Zakariya University (BZU), Multan in 2019 with a BS degree in Biotechnology, and obtained an MS degree in Industrial Biotechnology from National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad in 2022. His master's research project focused on the assessment of antiviral activities of synthetic chemical compounds and an immune-informatic approach for development of vaccine against Avian Influenza Virus.
Having a background research experience in the filed of Immunology and Virology, RMI Clinical Trials Unit provided me with a great opportunity to learn how clinical trials are playing key role in tackling global health challenges and development of new vaccine and therapeutics. I believe that starting a professional career in clinical research from a well organized and fully equipped Clinical Trials Unit where there are equal opportunities for all individuals, ensuring a conducive environment for their professional growth and development will help me excel in this field.
As a Clinical Research Assistant at RMI Clinical Trials Unit, I am responsible for:
- Collecting accurate and timely data from study participants in accordance with established protocols. Maintaining detailed and organized records of participant information, study procedures, and data collection.
- Assisting CRAs and healthcare professionals with trials related procedures.
- Entering collected data into study databases and to ensure data accuracy and completeness. Regularly performing data quality checks and resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Assisting CRAs in preparing study-related documents, including informed consent forms, study protocols, and progress reports.
- Assistance in maintaining compliance with ethical guidelines, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and applicable regulations.
In addition to that, I have been assigned a role as study coordinator in an ongoing trial where I:
- Collaborate effectively with the research team, investigators, and coordinator to ensure smooth study operations. Communicate any issues or challenges that may arise during the study to the appropriate parties.
- Uphold the highest standards of ethics and patient confidentiality throughout all research activities
- Maintain and track inventory of study supplies, equipment, and investigational products. Ensure adequate supply levels are maintained for the duration of the study.
- Assist Coordinator RMI Clinical Trials Unit in preparing and submitting regulatory documents to ethics committees and regulatory authorities.